The Batman (2022)

   The Batman (2022) Review



  Plot and Plot Elements: Batman must face an unknown masked serial killer who's killing the corrupt and leaving cryptic puzzles for the Batman,  Batman must put the pieces and answers together whilst causing Bruce Wayne and Batman to discover horrible lies within his family.

  What Drove Reeves to direct "The Batman"? 

  Reeves told New York Times " I wanted to fight against any sense that Batman would remain static." he continued with " I wanted the stakes of the story to challenge him in a way that shook him to his core. He has to change."

  What Reeves is saying is that after a long wait and Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" being the last stand alone and making the 80 year old character abandoned to his stand alone film's for a "static" decade he wanted to bring Batman back to the screen.

  Was Pattinson the fit: (Robert Pattinson) Wow I really have a lot to say about this man's performance. I was so amazed with his performance, watching the trailer's I thought "okay" but sitting there watching this guy have his screen time was freaking awesome myself among other's were so wrong about our doubt's of him playing Batman.

  Robert as Batman: Pattinson was really good as Batman his voice wasn't gravelly and he didn't do what other's done. he was his own Batman he really did a remarkable job with bringing the Batman straight from the comic's, I'll be honest nobody but this guy and Adam West did a comic accurate Batman.

  Robert as Bruce Wayne: Robert was really great at playing Bruce Wayne, I really liked he mixed the whole Bruce being a mask with Bruce being a Wayne. He was really good showing Bruce's pain but I really loved how he gave Reeve's Kurt Cobain vision of Bruce being a loner and locked away in his dark mansion.

  The Riddler: (Paul Dano) was honestly the best Riddler that I've ever seen in live Action, Dano truly had the best performance to a Riddler! I loved how he made this character a real psychopathic, intelligent killer and put a show of insanity, this Riddler seems to be the best version and Matt making him a zodiac like Riddler was truly what made this Riddler so dark my spine was not bone but just a worm wiggling in my back.

  This Riddler has a way of showing he's the host to a whole game show of puzzles and riddles, I really liked and enjoyed he wasn't even slightly campy or silly. The vision to this Riddler was the best step of bringing such a villian of his personality and the type of character he is in comics to a place where you can forget his silly personality from the comics.

  In my opinion, there was a lot of hype given to The Riddler but less screen time.

  


    Catwoman: Okay in my honest opinion (Zoe Kravitz) is my favorite Catwoman in live Action! She's not given some campy *ss origin like falling out a window and licked and chewed up by cats only to become a Cat... Woman [referring to Batman Return's], but anyway I really enjoyed a Catwoman with the new comic accuracy and the performance of anger, feminine and manipulation that Zoe gave her it's accurate and greatly the cat fans wanted for this character.


  James Gordon: I really enjoyed ( Jeffrey Wright) as Gordon he wasn't as bad as (Pat Hingle) in Tim Burton's "Batman". He also was just as good as (Gary Oldman) in Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, But the character himself there were scenes I felt were funny but made the character like Burton's Gordon.

  I enjoyed this one was more stronger than TDK trilogy's Gordon he's definitely more action then staying behind then pulling back. 

 

   Alfred Pennyworth: (Andy Serkis) was the best Alfred, he's his own Alfred and not your typical "yes master Bruce" type! Andy's performance is just a great one he knew how to show Alfred's love towards Bruce, I was saddened to see such small screen time to Andy but mostly the character himself had such a small amount of time and scenes.

  Direction, Art and Writing: (Matt Reeve's) didn't surprise me that he would succeed making this film. Watching Planet of The Ape's trilogy was just such a work of his artistic imagination for such movies in fantasy and Sci-Fi, I truly loved his vision bringing a new story to such a cult classic planet of the apes blew my mind with it's world style and story direction.

  When I first heard Reeve's was going to step in to this movie I had doubt's but I was mostly just in awe and knew this man would do the job! I really loved this film as it was very hardcore, I was just in so much shock with the artistic tone this movie had from others as it mixed with Nolan and Snyder vision to it's world.

  This film's story really pulled out comic strips with characters, character development and line up to event's so I really enjoyed this film's scenes, script and construction of environment.  


  Gotham: I truly love the artistic design of Gotham! This Gotham has it's old stones and gargoyles, the architecture is perfectly from comic inspiration. 

  I loved the representation of the ally's and street's which like every film version it's covered in blood of the innocent, garbage bags and it's very walls covered in graffiti. 

  Every store and building's show they belong to organized crimelords, some are the high end part's of Gotham.

   Batcave: I really loved this version of the Batcave, It's not a batcave and it's location being in a Wayne terminus is comic inspired it tells me Reeve's read comics and definitely knew the Batcave can be anywhere in Gotham.

  I love it's cold, dark and abandoned look of it, the webs, rusty metals and dusted stone walls and floor.

 


  As far as props go I can only say that the Bat mobile was the star of props, I truly love it's build sound and engine! The design is very much something of Burton and comic like, this vehicle's color is truly from modern comic strip.

  Setting: What I enjoyed with this film's story along with everything else was the setting of being a noir like detective story. This film was something reminiscent and connected to the comics leading narration and plot line, Reeves did a really excellent job at visioning a Batman being a noir style detective sent into circles just to catch the killer or put the pieces together. 

  Cinematography and Photography: (Greig Fraser) did beautifully with film sequence as his shot's were precisely paced and filmed perfectly in motion and lighting, this man really did a fantastic job with scenery and position.

  Score: Okay the truly best music I'll ever hear in a Batman film! (Michael Giacchino) was known for his composition of the score behind Disney Pixar 2009 film "UP" with it's beautifully sad but wonderful music. 

  Michael's work in this film made such gritty darkness and such a fitting score to this movie! If your a movie score listener I recommend you listen to this OST for yourself, you can find this beautiful track on watertower's playlist on their official channel.

  I really loved Michael's theme tracks to Batman, Catwoman and The Riddler. I truly love how he made something so new and darker to both Batman and Riddler's themes, they had a really chilling and soul sucking score it was truly amazing!!!

  My Opinion: This film was one of the best Batman movies in decades it was dark. This was very much better than any director could do for the character, the story and everything was just amazing I loved everyone's performance! The runtime was the best part as it made the film longer and if the film is good then three hours keeps you entertained and in the end wanting more.

  I truly loved that Reeve's took his time to make this film no matter if it was on purpose or accidental! This film was best in story, performance and direction, I see why some or most people are saying this Bat flick beat TDK trilogy.

  The one thing I didn't enjoy was this film gave small screen time to some character's, but I enjoyed it overall.

  I just really enjoyed that this Batman was more from the comics with being a detective than a fighter.

  The Batman

  9.5/10

  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

  

  
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TENET (2020) Review

Secrets of Dumbledore? Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer officially released!!!