Joker (2019) Review

 

JOKER(2019)

  Joker is not a movie with the same origin story fans of the Batman comics know and love as the director (Todd Phillips) made as a Heath Ledger type origin and story. as Ledgers joker gave "wanna know how I got these scars". This story tells of the poor and sad life of Arthur Fleck/Joker who suffers depression and PBA a laughing condition which he can't help. Joker is not just a movie based on a famous and iconic comic supervillain but for me I was shown how hard it is living with a mental illness. The movie is a confusing film as some events by Arthurs storytelling you cant tell what's reality and what's not. 

  As for Joaquin playing Joker. I was surprised to his take on Joker his laugh was pin point accurate his costume was well done though I was not a fan of make-up I think they put a creative way in Jokers look, when I saw the teaser I thought this was gonna be disappointing as Joaquin was a bit old to play Joker and that would mean there is probably a possibility that Joaquin would give up playing the role as not a lot  of actors stick around playing these characters for long but to my surprise news is going around of rumors Joaquin could come back and I am eager to see how this goes. 

  I am in love with how creative Joaquin took on this character. as facts told by Joaquin he says he lost about 52lbs in weight to get into character eating apples during the shooting, he also says that the laugh was the hardest part as Joaquin picked up this laugh online from people who suffer PBA.

  I really enjoyed this film as it opened my mind to more than I thought about the suffering of people who live with mental illness and I hope as you watch this movie you learn to open your mind as well and have an understanding that people with mental conditions are suffering and should not be judged.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Batman (2022)

TENET (2020) Review

Secrets of Dumbledore? Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer officially released!!!