The Invisible man (2020) review

 


  

The Invisible Man (2020)

  Reboots either there failure's to the original or maybe better. Though I can say this was one heck of a great version to the classic novel well I guess I'd have to give my honest thoughts to this success. 

  Let me tell you one thing about me, Growing up I was a huge fan of 2004's The Phantom Of the Opera. When I got older I got into the more classic versions of the film while upon discovering that it was based on the book "that thing's got to be covered in dust in my shelf", Anyway after a long while I lost interest in it and got deeper into classic films ranging from 20's to 90's not saying I watched every classic films just well known ones. And I watched those classic Universal Classic monster films which included The Invisible Man (1933).

  (1933) Version really stuck to the novel as the story tells of a mad scientist named Jack Griffin who finds a potion giving him the ability of invisibility, When he shows his ability to his old mentor and fiancée they learn the side affects is insanity causing Griffin to go on a killing spree in towns.

  (2020) version however does not stick to the novel. As this story tells about Adrian Griffin who's a brilliant successful engineer in optics, Though he does have a fiancée and is not a mad man Adrian is not a good husband as he domestically abuses Cecile Kass leaving Her no choice but to leave Adrian, yet Cecile is left with Adrian's will, Sadly this comes with news of Adrian's suicide, now scared for her safety due to her knowledge in Adrian's projects as one of them gives the technology to become invisible and a question of can she fight back something she can't see?

  Now a novel version is supposed to pick up those cheesy but amazing tales to horror monsters, Which is why 1933's version in my perspective comes out as better.

  And 2020's version is really great though it doesn't pick up it's novel origin it comes with a real life take to it "No I'm not saying being invisible is realistic' yet this version picks up the realism in domestic abuse. It also was supposed to obviously be a reimagining of the Universal Classics which is being called "The Dark Universe".

   If someone had to do a point match comparison I'd say both these versions obviously get same amount in point's as both are just amazing, Yet personally I can be loyal to the original. 

   I just have to say in my opinion if they wanna make a proper reboot for this "Dark Universe" pick up with the original story, yes maybe if they did that instead this film maybe would been watched once and forgotten by many. yet it was a spectacular way of opening eyes and minds to domestic abuse.

   Yet I'd love to see more of this dark universe open up to reboots to these forgotten classics as I and maybe others do find them as the reason we have the gruesome and terrifying monsters cinema has created.

   I watched Wolfman (2010) and though it didn't get 99% rotten tomatoes I absolutely loved it. So when I heard of the Invisible Man getting a Reboot I was happy to know that more directors seem to realize these classics have been forgotten. It was time that it got known to people in this generation, this would give chance to these monsters with their novels and films to be read and viewed again.

   

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Batman (2022)

TENET (2020) Review

Secrets of Dumbledore? Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer officially released!!!