SMILE (2022) Summary and Review

   SMILE (2022) Summary and Review    


  My Gosh, what could I say about this movie? well first to let it out of my lungs HOLY SH*T!!!

  Never heard of the director before but he did a great job of making something new, generic and relevant. The guy made something so unique and I have to say, I have way too much in my thoughts to cover this movie I might be writing for a month.

  Dr. Rose Cotter (Sosie Bacon) who works as a psychiatrist in a psychiatric ward witnesses a tragic death of a patient, only to learn that what really killed her patient is something malevolent and has now passed on to her! She must learn what this entity is and must stop it from taking her and others.

  I really enjoyed this film, I'm not a fan of the modern horror when it comes to killers, demons and slasher weapon welding monsters! But, movies like Smile have come as unique and something new and undone before. I think anyone reading this will say "wrong" but again not being a fan of horror makes me unknown to films like this!

  This movie was so extreme for what it is and though I covered my eyes through the other Jump scares, I opened my eyes to the real monster and it was worth it!

  The production of this movie was so well done, its shots are well done and it leaves you terrified whether you close your eyes or not! CGI was well done too.

  One thing I didn't like about this film was that in some parts it felt generic! Characters making stupid decisions, the whole falling for "look behind you" crap.

  Sosie Bacon did really well playing her character, obviously the talent came from her parents. But Sosie I think did well to her experience in horror and murderers when she played in 'Charlie Says' based on real life serial killer Charles Manson and 'Scream' TV series as a victim of the masked killer. 

  On the other side when it comes to me looking at it with a different perspective, it felt like a film with chaos and nonsense! It also had those genetic things all horror films have the stupidity of survival, the dumb people falling for tricks, the stupid "your on your own" crap.

  But on the ending note this film was great, definitely a film to make your month of October scary for you and your friends.

  On the advisory side: Don't watch this film if you or someone closest to you is suffering from depression and other mental illness' as this movie contains depictions and content of suicide and self harm.

  Also if you or a friend is suffering from depression and thoughts of suicide call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Batman (2022)

TENET (2020) Review

Secrets of Dumbledore? Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer officially released!!!