Lightyear (2022) Thoughts, Summary and What's Next!

 

    Lightyear (2022) Thoughts, Summary and What's next!

   
  In 1995, little Andy got a toy for his birthday a space ranger by the name Buzz Lightyear. But what made Andy get Buzz was a movie? This is that movie! After successfully landing on an unknown planet showing signs of life, captain of star command Buzz Lightyear wakens from sleep only to explore the unknown planet Buzz, Alisha Hawthorne and a new rookie are attacked by the planet itself and after the ship and the engine to hyperspeed back home is destroyed Buzz is sent on a mission to test flight a crystal so he and the others can go home.

  Lightyear, was it the story fans needed and was it a "Fill in the Blank"?

  Okay i'm just gonna blow up my thoughts and say SPECTACULAR!!! This movie was a great Origin like story and the way (Angus Maclane) did this alternate take on Buzz was just a really great treatment and change of character literally.

  I was so hyped like many others who grew up with buzz in Toy Story (1995) and the following films, I truly enjoyed seeing this brand new story that not only re-visualizes the character but his story as well!

  I loved learning Maclane's "fill in the blank" idea to this story, but in my opinion i was mixed on both this does and does not fill in the blanks. Maclane states in interviews he wanted to make a story about the unknown answer to "what was the movie Andy saw that made him want Buzz? Let's make that movie."

  Interestingly I myself felt like I was watching a film that made Maclanes statement sensible. this film was like you the viewer, Buzz and Andy and your answering Maclanes question!

  Watching Toy Story I too and probably many of you asked what made Andy get Buzz?

  This movie answered that for me for sure but like I said I also thought it doesn't fill the blanks cause this film left me confused cause it felt more like an alternate story on Buzz.

  I felt this was more of another persons story that wasn't canon! cause we know so far from Buzz's debut he was a "Space Ranger" from a galactic peacekeeping group of space fighters.

  For me I'm very confused as to the canon side of Buzz! In 2000 Disney and Pixar made a movie on Buzz titled "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins."


  This movie not canon yet a great cartoon story of the space ranger, it is based around a video game (Rex The Dinosaur) is playing. The story doesn't tell a origin to Buzz but like "Lightyear" this movie is about what Buzz was as a space ranger.

  But another question came to my head! Watching both of these films and the newer one made me question one thing and also made me theorize something.

  In Lightyear Buzz isn't what he is in the 2000 film, which in the film he's a somewhat special forces commander that fights aliens, blows up bases and helps other aliens in the galaxy.

  In the ending of Lightyear, Buzz is recruited for "a new space ranger force" as commander, we're introduced to his team wearing brand new suits ready to defend the galaxy.

  We're also shown that Zurg is alive and ready to destroy Buzz. But what does this ending show and mean? 

  I theorize that there's more to come from Maclane or whoever wants to continue this story, we know this is the story of what made Andy want Buzz as a toy! This means Buzz's story continues in this alternate story of his life or we might see this is all just a Movie that Andy is watching with us.

  Other than that I loved this movie, Chris Evans did a great job voicing this beloved character and I wish to see more.

  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
   
   9.5/ 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Batman (2022)

TENET (2020) Review

Secrets of Dumbledore? Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer officially released!!!